I am a warm, caring, and genuine counsellor with experience in anxiety, relationships, and a wide range of related issues. My calm and patient demeanour, combined with my sensitivity and self-awareness, allows for active engagement in the therapeutic relationship. I am respectful of individual differences and continuously strive for self-improvement. I am ethical in my approach and prioritize the best interests of my clients.
I have extensive experience, having worked with a diverse range of clients and organizations such as private practices, Nottingham Counselling Service, Police Firearms Officers Association, Marriage Counselling Organization, and many others. I specialize in anxiety, relationships, and issues such as grief, depression, trauma, low self-esteem, and more.
I hold several qualifications including a BACP Accreditation, a BSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy, an MSc/PhD in Metaphysical Sciences, and various diplomas and certificates in therapies such as CBT, EMDR, and mindfulness.
Please scroll to learn more about my experience and qualifications.
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Genuine, sensitive, calm, caring, patient, and self-aware.
- Active engagement within the working relationship
- Able to challenge where helpful
- Respectful of individual beliefs, experiences and differences
- Continuous learning with respect to my personal and professional development
- Interested in new learnings, and working in new areas.
- Attentive to supporting others ethically ie in the clients best interest and not to cause harm
- Having regular counselling and supervision throughout the duration of my training
- Personal insight and clinical experience in supporting an ethical therapeutic relationship.
I have gained a wide range of experience having worked with all ages and for various organisations including:
- Private Practice
- Nottingham Counselling Service
- Police Firearms Officers Association (PFOA)
- Marriage Counselling Organisation
- Harmless (self-harm and mental health issues)
- EAP (working with employees)
- Private Healthcare (alcohol abstinence)
- Foster Carers
- Nottingham County Council
- Nottingham Rape Crisis
- Carers Federation
- APAS (alcohol problems)
- Bilborough College
- Secondary Schools
- Place-2-Be (primary school)
- Voluntary work within the mental health field for 15 years
- Psychiatric Healthcare
What I specialize in
I mainly specialize in anxiety and relationships with extensive experience treating diverse issues such as:
Grief, Bereavement, Shame, Anger, Rage, Anxiety, Panic, Depression, Stress, Trauma, Emotional Abuse, Psychological Abuse, Childhood Issues, Low Self-Esteem, Low Self-Confidence, Self-harm, Relationships, Divorce, Betrayal, Sexuality, Alcohol Problems, Domestic Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Eating Disorders, Work Issues – Health Issues, Stuckness, Confusion, Paranoia, Guilt, Pregnancy, Parenting, Abortion, Miscarriage, Post-Traumatic Stress, Personality Disorders
Qualifications and Training
BACP Accredited and Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist
I have achieved a substantial amount of training and experience, please see > BACP Accreditation
BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy (validated by BACP)
MSc/PhD Metaphysical Sciences (Spiritual Counselling)
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Psychology for Success
- Relationship Psychology
- Mindful Mental Health
- Professional Relaxation Therapy
- Life Coaching
- Meridian Psychotherapy (EFT)
- Chronic Fatigue,
- Holistic Health
- Colour, and Nutrition
Certificates and Courses
- Introduction to EcoTherapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/Tapping)
- Hypnotherapy (non practicing)
- Anger and Rage
- Relationship Counselling
- Couple Counselling
- Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Alcohol Problems
- Personality Disorders
- Mental Health and Mental Illness
My private practice is located in Nuthall, Nottingham and serves the surrounding areas including Cinderhill, Bulwell, Kimberley, Watnall, Hucknall, Bilborough, Basford, and Stapleford.
If you would like to arrange a free consultation click here: