Hello, my name is Kathy Brown and welcome to my “about me” page. I hope to give you as much information as possible and that this page will serve as an introduction to who I am, my experience and qualifications.
I am a warm, caring, and genuine counsellor with experience in anxiety, relationships, and a wide range of related issues. My calm and patient demeanour, combined with my sensitivity and self-awareness, allows for active engagement in the therapeutic relationship. I am respectful of individual differences and continuously strive for self-improvement. I am ethical in my approach and prioritize the best interests of my clients.
I have extensive experience, having worked with a diverse range of clients and organizations such as private practices, Nottingham Counselling Service, Police Firearms Officers Association, Marriage Counselling Organization, and many others. I specialize in anxiety, relationships, and issues such as grief, depression, trauma, low self-esteem, and more.
I hold several qualifications including a BACP Accreditation, a BSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy, an MSc/PhD in Metaphysical Sciences, and various diplomas and certificates in therapies such as CBT and mindfulness.
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Genuine, sensitive, calm, caring, patient, and self-aware.
- Active engagement within the working relationship
- Able to challenge where helpful
- Respectful of individual beliefs, experiences and differences
- Continuous learning with respect to my personal and professional development
- Interested in new learnings, and working in new areas.
- Attentive to supporting others ethically. i.e. in the clients best interest and not to cause harm
- Having regular counselling and supervision throughout the duration of my training
- Personal insight and clinical experience in supporting an ethical therapeutic relationship.
I Help People Who Have These Challenges
I have gained a wide range of experience having worked with all ages and for various organisations including:
- Private Practice
- Nottingham Counselling Service
- Police Firearms Officers Association (PFOA)
- Marriage Counselling Organisation
- Harmless (self-harm and mental health issues)
- EAP (working with employees)
- Private Healthcare (alcohol abstinence)
- Foster Carers
- Nottingham County Council
- Nottingham Rape Crisis
- Carers Federation
- APAS (alcohol problems)
- Bilborough College
- Secondary Schools
- Place-2-Be (primary school)
- Voluntary work within the mental health field for 15 years
- Psychiatric Healthcare
Qualifications and Training
BACP Accredited and Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist
I have achieved a substantial amount of training and experience, please see > BACP Accreditation
BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy (validated by BACP)
MSc/PhD Metaphysical Sciences (Spiritual Counselling)
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Psychology for Success
- Relationship Psychology
- Mindful Mental Health
- Professional Relaxation Therapy
- Life Coaching
- Meridian Psychotherapy (EFT)
- Chronic Fatigue,
- Holistic Health
- Colour, and Nutrition
Certificates and Courses
Please note that due to the high demand for my services and my commitment to providing quality care to my clients, I may not always have the availability to take on new clients. If I am full at this time, I apologize for any inconvenience.