WHY A COUNSELLOR/PSYCHOTHERAPIST
- to provide safe and professional support
- to address emotional pain, unhelpful thinking, distress and confusion
- to achieve self understanding, personal development, positive change, improved self care and well-being
- training and experience has shown how a therapeutic relationship can help with the healing processes and making positive changes
- genuine, sensitive, calm, caring, patient, and self aware.
- active engagement within the working relationship
- able to challenge where helpful
- respectful of individual beliefs, experiences and differences
- continuous learning in respect of my personal and professional development
- interested in new learnings, and working in new areas.
- attentive to supporting others ethically ie in the clients best interest and not to cause harm
- having regular counselling and supervision throughout the duration of my training
- personal insight and clinical experience in supporting an ethical therapeutic relationship.
I have gained a wide range of experience having worked with all ages, and for various organisations including:
- Private Practice
- Nottingham Counselling Service
- Marriage Counselling Organisation
- Harmless (self harm and mental health issues)
- EAP (working with employees)
- Private Healthcare (alcohol abstinence)
- Foster Carers
- Nottingham County Council
- Nottingham Rape Crisis
- Carers Federation
- APAS (alcohol problems)
- Bilborough College
- Secondary Schools
- Place-2-Be (primary school)
- Voluntary work within the mental health field for 15 years
- Psychiatric Healthcare
I specialise in anxiety and relationship; and I have experience of working with a vast range of issues including:
grief – bereavement – shame – anger – rage – anxiety – panic – depression – stress – trauma – emotional abuse
psychological abuse – childhood issues – low self esteem – low self confidence – self harm – relationships – divorce
betrayal – sexuality – alcohol problems – domestic abuse – sexual abuse – eating disorders – work issues – health issues
stuckness – confusion – paranoia – guilt – pregnancy – parenting – abortion – miscarriage – post-traumatic stress – personality disorders
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- BACP Accredited and Registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist
I have achieved a substantial amount of training and experience, please see > BACP Accreditation
- BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy (validated by BACP)
- MSc/PhD Metaphysical Sciences (Spiritual Counselling)
Compassion Focussed Therapy
Psychology for Success, Relationship Psychology
Mindful Mental Health, and Professional Relaxation Therapy
CBT, EMDR, Mindfulness, Life Coaching and NLP
Meridian Psychotherapy (EFT), Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue,
Holistic Health, Colour, and Nutrition
- Cert in Introduction to EcoTherapy
- Cert in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/tapping)
- Cert in Hypnotherapy (non practicing)
- Additional Courses
Anxiety – Depression – Attachment – Anger – Rage – Relationship counselling – Couple counselling – Rape and Sexual Abuse
Child Sexual Abuse – Domestic Violence – Trauma – Alcohol Problems – Personality Disorders – Mental Health – Mental Illness.
- My private practice for counselling and psychotherapy offers its services in Hempshill Vale, nr Bulwell/Nuthall, Nottingham, NG6.
- Other surrounding areas are, Kimberley, Watnall, Hucknall, Bilborough, Basford, Stapleford.
- I am 4 miles from the city centre (Bus Route 68), and towards J26 (M1).
Kathy Brown see > home page
Text or Call: 07583988552