- finding self acceptance as you are now so that you can make the desired changes
- giving yourself permission, that it’s okay for you to do this for you
- to accept that it is okay to make mistakes; this is part of normal learning
- that it is okay to consider breaking the rules (parental?) you live by if they don’t fit for you
- accepting the need for healthy boundaries, the importance of saying NO to help keep you safe and healthy
- knowing and expressing your feelings around supportive people
- identifying your needs, and expressing your needs is not being selfish
- re-evaluating your beliefs, what is your truth?
- grieving for losses with past and current relationship
HEALING AND CHANGE IN RELATIONSHIPChanging the way we are is sometimes a big task but it is not impossible. Some changes we can make on our own and for some changes we need to experience something different in relationship before we can achieve them. Many of our negative, unhealthy or unhelpful experiences and ways of being have been learned or occured during our earlier formative relationships, therefore these issues can also be addressed, changed and healed in a therapeutic, and supportive relationship such as counselling and psychotherapy.