Hello I’m Kathy Brown and I am a Counsellor, Psychotherapist, and Couples/Relationship Counsellor. I work from my private practice in Nuthall, Nottingham, and I also practice outdoors with Walk and Talk Therapy.
I am also an Holistic Coach, Meridian Psychotherapist (EFT Practioner), and a Spiritual Counsellor.
I specialise in Anxiety, Relationship counselling, Childhood issues, Well-being and Self Development.
I am passionate about counselling and helping people to address their issues; and achieve positive change and improved their well being.
I have substantial training, experience, and a wide range of approaches to help support you.
I can assist you in addressing difficult experiences, thoughts, feelings and behaviours, confusion, distress, anxiety, and low self esteem etc.
See > About Me.
- My private counselling practice is based in Nuthall, Nottingham.
- surrounding areas include Watnall, Kimberley, Cinderhill, Bulwell, Hucknall, Bilborough, Sherwood Rise, Basford, Arnold, Wollaton, and Derbyshire.
- Professional and Friendly Counselling, Coaching, Psychotherapy, Walk and Talk Therapy, Relationship Therapy, Support, and EFT,
- Safe, caring, accepting and confidential space to address present and past issues.
- Client support to address issues, difficulties, and changes desired
- Experience in working with a wide range of issues, and approaches
- Interest in working in new areas
I have worked with clients in Primary and Secondary Schools, Bilborough College, Carers Federation, Nottingham Counselling Service, Marriage Care, Rape Crisis, Harmless, Nottingham County Council, EAP, Fostering Agency, and Private Practice.
I have worked with issues concerning:
Low Self Esteem ~ Negative Habits – Bereavement ~ Depression ~ Confidence ~ Anger ~ Health issues ~ Trust ~ Sexual Abuse ~ Stress ~ Work Issues ~ Fear ~ Parenting ~ Trauma ~ Anxiety ~ Emotional Abuse ~ Shame ~ Relationships ~ Guilt ~ Loss and Grief ~ Identity ~ Rage ~ Self Harm ~ Physical Abuse ~ Self Care ~ Domestic Violence ~ Decision Making ~ Sexual Identity ~ Miscarriage ~ Abortion ~ Divorce ~ CoDependency ~ Narcissm ~ Personality Disorders ~ Marriage ~ Betrayal ~ Illness – Rape ~ Child Abuse.
See > My Services
MY COUNSELLING APPROACH
- Relational, Integrative and Holistic approach.
- Combination of different types of theory and practice which compliment each other within a therapeutic relationship.
- Focus on supporting you as a unique person and in making positive changes and healing.
- Modalities included are Person Centred, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Focussing, Psychodynamic, and Compassion Focussed Therapy,
- Additional approaches include: Walk and Talk Therapy, CBT, Mindfulness, NLP, Life Coaching, Emotional Freedom Technique, Timeline Therapy, Spiritual/Energy, and Psycho-Education.
- Holistic outlook means working with the whole person – physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual. Addressing the feeling, thinking, behaving, sensing and lifestyle experiences of my clients.
All aspects of life influence our wellbeing eg: Home, Family, Work, Relationships, Finances, Pleasure, Challenge, Self Care, Nutrition and Exercise, See > My Approach
- Individuals £40 per session (50 mins)
- Couple/Relationships £50 per session (50 mins)
- Optional free initial meeting (30 mins)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8.30 am – 1.40 pm
- Earlier sessions available for Walk and Talk
- Short term and Medium term
- Weekly therapy, or support sessions as required
- 50 minute sessions or block bookings/fast track
- Contact me with your availability
For more information about what to expect when working with me in counselling please click here.
If you have any queries please let me know: